[adegenet-forum] error in gstat.randtest

Melanie Montes melaniesmontes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:14:52 CET 2017

Hello all,
I recently finished running fstat on my dataset of about 50 000 snps / 56
individuals, and successfully got f-statistics in return. However, when I
tried to run gstat.randtest to see if the structure was significant:

fstat.sig <-gstat.randtest(nr2014, nsim=1000)
...I got 50+ warnings like this:

50: In max(y, na.rm = TRUE) : no non-missing arguments to max; returning
-Inf

and my results file looked like this:

> fstat.sig

Monte-Carlo test

Call: gstat.randtest(x = nr2014, nsim = 1000)

Observation: 0

Based on 1000 replicates

Simulated p-value: 1

which leads me to suspect that it did not work. Does this have something to
do with the missing data in my dataset? Sorry if this is a naive question,
I am an R novice.

Thanks for your time and the awesome package, I've been using it a lot!

Sincerely,
Melanie