[adegenet-forum] SNP data and PCA

Tagliamonte,Massimiliano S mstagliamonte at ufl.edu
Tue Oct 4 16:33:31 CEST 2016

Dear Adegenet users,

I am trying to perform a PCA on whole genome SNP data, and the results I have so far seem to make sense. I do have a few doubts though, and I may need some help to solve them.

Following variant calling, I converted my data to a dataframe, e.g:

mysnps<- data.frame('ind_names'= c('s1', 's2', 's3'), 'locus1'=c('A/A', 'N', 'A/G'), 'locus2'=c('G/G', 'A/G', A/A'))

Then I used df2genind on the dataframe, and performed the principal component analysis.

Was that right? I am still not sure if I should have rather used a genlight object. Should I change it if I decide to do DAPC or PCoA?

Thanks for your kind help,

Max

Massimiliano S. Tagliamonte
Graduate Student
University of Florida
College of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Infectious Diseases and Pathology