[adegenet-forum] How to get observed heterozygosity per population

Simon Nadeau simon.nadeau.ubc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:21:03 CET 2015

Hi,

     This worked. I could not figure out how to access $Hobs for each
population without using a for loop.

x.pop = seppop(x)
summary.by.pop = lapply(x.pop, summary)
Hobs.ls = rep(NA, length(summary.by.pop))
for (i in 1:length(summary.by.pop)){
  Hobs.ls[i] = mean(summary.by.pop[[i]]$Hobs)
}
barplot(Hobs.ls, names.arg = levels(pop(x)), las = 2, main = "Observed
heterozygosity", ylab = "Ho")

Thank you very much for your help,

Simon

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Jombart, Thibaut <t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk