[adegenet-forum] sequential DAPC

Mark Coulson Mark.Coulson.ic at uhi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 14:47:57 CET 2015

Hello,

I have run a DAPC on a large dataset of individuals from 100 locations. There are a couple of clear outlier groups that I have then removed and want to run a subsequent DAPC on the rest of the dataset (now 98 locations) and do these sequentially for a couple of rounds. My question is do I need to keep the same number of PCA and DF for each or should I be re-running the xvalDapc function for each 'level' individually? What would be more sensible in order to compare across levels?

Best,
Mark
Inverness College UHI, a partner in the University of the Highlands and Islands www.inverness.uhi.ac.uk Board of Management of Inverness College (known as Inverness College UHI), Scottish Charity No SC021197.