[adegenet-forum] supplementary individuals

Mark Coulson Mark.Coulson.ic at uhi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 12:23:13 CEST 2015

Hi Thibault,

I am trying to use the pred.sup function to assign 'test' individuals against my baseline data. Both baseline and supplementary individuals files load fine in adegenet but when I run the pred.sup function I get the following:

Error in predict.dapc(dapc1, newdata=sup):
                Number of variables in newdata does not match original data.

Looking at the dataframes, the baseline says it's a matrix of 1800 x 70 (which I expect), however the supplementary says 69 for the latter(?). I have found that when  interrogating @loc.fac for the supplementary file, locus27 is only listed once, while all others are listed 2x. Perhaps a coincidence but this locus is the only one that is monomorphic  in the supplementary individuals but it is polymorphic in the baseline - would this have any effect?

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark
Inverness College UHI, a partner in the University of the Highlands and Islands www.inverness.uhi.ac.uk Board of Management of Inverness College (known as Inverness College UHI), Scottish Charity No SC021197.