[adegenet-forum] Calculating Distances from a connection Network

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 12:16:12 CEST 2015

Hi there,

yes, the simplest way might be to get the adjacency matrix from the graph and then multiply it by the matrix of geographic distances. Example using nancycats:

## get network
library(adegenet)
data(nancycats)
cn1 <- chooseCN(nancycats at other$xy,ask=FALSE,type=1)

## get adj matrix
M <- neig2mat(nb2neig(cn1))

## get geo dist matrix
G <- as.matrix(dist(other(nancycats)$xy))

## get distances on Delaunay graph
d.delau <- G[M>0]

## range
range(d.delau)

Dr Thibaut Jombart
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Imperial College - School of Public Health
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
Tel. : 0044 (0)20 7594 3658
http://sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
http://sites.google.com/site/therepiproject/