[adegenet-forum] still on Mantel's test

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 6 16:54:06 CET 2015

Hi,

and yes, happy new year.

Please do not post attachments that large - saved a png your figure would be a lot smaller, with the same quality.

I can't really see any clear-cut discontinuity here, though there are some hotspots. However, note that these are pairwise distances (each individual corresponds to several points), so there is not clear interpretation of a group of points in the IBD plot in terms of genetic clusters. What you could merely conclude from discontinuity is that the genetic diversity is structured in geographic patches. Methods exist to define these, but not a simple IBD plot.