[adegenet-forum] Keeping track of truenames

Vikram Chhatre crypticlineage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:22:17 CEST 2015

Hi Thibaut and others,

After installing Adegenet 2.0, I am still seeing the generic locus and
individual names.  I am converting vcf files to structure format before
importing it as a genind object.  The structure file have actual locus and
individual names which are lost in the genind object.

Although, different from 1.4, the new version appears to assign generic
names *before* deleting entirely nontype markers, thus, the sequence of
names (though generic) is maintained.  Still linking these generic names
back to their actual names isn't a piece of cake (I wonder if this can be
done within R?)

Starting loci: M45, S29, P10, K46
Genind loci: L01, L02, L03, L04

Allele frequency table contains only two loci: L02, L04 because L01 and L03
are monomorphic.