[adegenet-forum] Isolation by distance (Mantel test)

Vojtěch Zeisek vojta at trapa.cz
Sun Oct 12 12:28:06 CEST 2014

Hello

Dne Ne 12. října 2014 10:47:23, Isabelle Gemmer napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I installed coordinates for the Mantel test.
>
>  > data1$other$xy<-dataxy
>  > Dgeo <- dist(data1$other$xy)
>  > ibd <- mantel.randtest(Dgen,Dgeo)
>
> It worked well. But in reality, the examined organisms can not swim
> through a lake, they can only migrate along a shoreline. Thus, I
> measured the distances and provide an own matrix of geographic distances.
>
> My question is: Can I also install own measured geographic distances
> instead of coordinates?

Sure, just as Dgeo use matrix o distances along shoreline, so You wouldn't use
dist function, but computed then for example in GIS and then imported into R.

> Regards,
> Isabelle

Sincerely,
Vojtěch

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
http://trapa.cz/en/

Department of Botany, Faculty of Science
Charles University in Prague
Benátská 2, Prague, 12801, CZ
http://botany.natur.cuni.cz/en/

Institute of Botany, Academy of Science