[adegenet-forum] Fst values

Tara Baris tzbaris at icloud.com
Thu Nov 20 18:13:44 CET 2014

Hi,

I’m trying to calculate Fst values for about 10,000 loci in two different populations using the following line of code:

 pairwise.fst(x, pop=NULL, res.type=c("dist","matrix"), truenames=TRUE)

I have two questions:

1) How would I specify the populations in this line? If I included a population definition file when converting to a genetix file, is that sufficient, and would the it still be pop=NULL?

2) When I try to run this in R, I get the following error message. Am I missing something?

> pairwise.fst(NJ155_gen, pop=NULL, res.type=c("dist","matrix"), truenames=TRUE)

Error in sub(paste("^.{", ncode/ploidy, "}", sep = ""), "", X) :
  invalid regular expression '^.{543}', reason 'Invalid contents of {}’

Thank you,

Tara