[adegenet-forum] read.PLINK error

Emmanuel Paradis emmanuel.paradis at ird.fr
Wed Jul 30 17:41:13 CEST 2014

Hi Thibaut,

The last version of pegas (0.6) includes a function read.vcf to read
VCF files. Together with the genotypes, it reads only the basic extra
fields (POS, CHROM, FILTER, QUAL); the genotype likelihoods are not
read (this could be changed in future releases). The purpose of this
function is not to process very big VCF files, but rather to read
files for downstream analyses with pegas or adegenet. By default, the
first 1000 loci are read (this can be controlled by options).

pegas 0.6 is available as a pre-release here:

http://ape-package.ird.fr/

ADAM PETER CARDILINI wrote:
> I successfully loaded my unaltered file into R using ‘adegenet’,

So why don't you filter your data in R?

Best,

Emmanuel