[adegenet-forum] sPCA in populations presenting a strong genetic structure

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 11:39:09 CET 2014

Hello,

it depends on what your biological question is. If you want to study spatial genetic structures per variety, then separate analyses make sense. From what you describe, if you performed an analysis on the entire dataset, you'd be left with some trivial local structures due to the different varieties.