[adegenet-forum] population distances of genlight object

Gloria-Soria, Andrea andrea.gloria-soria at yale.edu
Tue Dec 9 15:40:19 CET 2014

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the Reynold's distances between 4 populations of individuals with lots of SNPs (~150,000), I have the data as .vcf, plink, .stru files, and I have been reading them into adegenet as genlight objects (it seems that reading them as a genind object is not possible).

I also know that dist.genpop() can be used to calculate these distances when having a genpop object, but it seems that there is no command to convert a genlight to a genpop (is that true?).

Is there a way around it? or is there a way to get the Reynold's distances between the populations in any other way?

I appreciate your help,
Andrea