[adegenet-forum] error in DAPC

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 14:40:28 CET 2014

Hi,

this definitely does not come from the DAPC implementation itself, but possibly kmeans indeed. If you have groups already defined, it would be best use them. K-means is quite fast compared to most other clustering methods used in genetics, so I'm not sure which other approach would work better. I'm guessing some hierarchical clustering methods might be faster.. How long did the clustering step take? If not too long, you could try increasing the max number of steps for kmeans (see ?find.clusters).