[adegenet-forum] error in DAPC

Mark Coulson coulsonmw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:51:24 CET 2014

Hello,

A while back I asked about the following error when running DAPC

Warning messages:
1: Quick-TRANSfer stage steps exceeded maximum (= 636200)
2: Quick-TRANSfer stage steps exceeded maximum (= 636200)
3: Quick-TRANSfer stage steps exceeded maximum (= 636200)

I got this after running DAPC and choosing my number of PCs to retain as
well as the number of groups. It was suggested at the time to be an error
in the kmeans implentation. Does this mean I cannot run DAPC on this
dataset? It is ~12,000 individuals for a couple of hundred sites at 17
microsatellite markers. I could try sub-setting the data, although the
point was to see how these clustered considering them as a whole.

Mark