[adegenet-forum] number of alleles using microsatellite data for polyploids

Maria del Carmen David maria.david.salas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 23:20:00 CEST 2014

Hello,
I have a microsatellite data set of an hexaploid organism. I have uploaded
the data but when I call for the number of alleles per locus I get an extra
allele (0), it is cause for the zeros I have to put so the data can make
sense. Now, I'm worried that this allele frequency will distortion my
results because I want to make a DAPC. In the package "poppr" there's a
command called "recode.polyploids" to eliminate that extra allele but after
reading adegenet tutorials I haven't found any comment about this issue.
Should I eliminate this extra allele or leave my data as it is? Thank you
for your help.

Maria del Carmen David