[adegenet-forum] Stepwise forward discriminant analysis

Muriel Thomasset thomassm at tcd.ie
Fri May 24 15:31:01 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I’m using over 300 SNPs to discriminate 5 different populations. I’m doing
DAPC and looking at alleles contribution which is very useful. I would like
to reduce the number of markers to use and so find the best combination
that would show the best discrimination.  I was thinking to do a stepwise
forward discriminant analysis.

 I was wondering if someone has experience to do so on molecular markers?  For
examples which package or functions to use?

Best regards

Muriel

--
Thomasset Muriel