[adegenet-forum] Analyzing a genetic distance matrix in DAPC

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 16 22:59:22 CEST 2013

Dear Erik,

you can't, not directly anyway, but as a trick you can feed dapc the principal components (all of them) of a principal coordinate analysis / MDS. See the function dudi.pco in ade4. Assuming pco1 is the output of dudi.pco on your distance matrix, you want to use the coordinates in pco1$li as input to DAPC.

All the best

######################################
Dr Thibaut JOMBART
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Imperial College - School of Public Health
St Mary’s Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
United Kingdom