[adegenet-forum] find.clusters reproducibility

Catarina Pinho catarina at cibio.up.pt
Wed Oct 10 15:33:32 CEST 2012

Hello

I am totally new to adegenet and I am finding it very useful.

I have a data set comprising 710 individuals and 22 loci in which BAPS detected 49 clusters. I was going to try to use DAPC on these data so I began with the find.clusters function.

I have ran the function multiple times choosing different Ks (BIC plot is flat around 4-8 clusters and I tried with all these values). I also tested multiple times with the same K to test for reproducibility. I get different partitions of the individuals into clusters according to the run. I tried to increase n.iter but the problem persists (and over 1e9 the function outputs an error).

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Catarina