[adegenet-forum] customize labels within centroid

J. Richardson jrichardson4 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:05:56 CET 2012

Hi Thibaut and Adegenet users,

I have what I think is a simple/quick question, but have not been able to
figure out on my own or via the archives. I have a dataset (Genepop
formatted) I have been working with to conduct DAPC and create a
scatterplot. I have a legend with each population/sampling site name listed
(there are 13), which roughly corresponds to the population/site names
within the Genepop file (between each "POP" line). I would like to include
these same labels within each of the 13 centroids on the scatterplot, but
currently when I set "clab=1" the labels are displayed "P01", "P02"...
"P13" rather than the names of the populations/sites in the data file or
the object created to put this names in the legend.

Do you know how I can change these labels, either manually with a new
object for the "clab=" command to use, or for "scatter" to refer to in the
Genepop input file? I see in the H3N2 example, that the labels were amended
to the epidemic years - I think using the "pop(H3N2) <- H3N2$other$epid"
line. But I can't figure out how to display the H3N2 data to see how the
"epid" item is incorporated into the file.

Thank you in advance for any advice or insights.

Jonathan