[adegenet-forum] Using PCA of SPCA in linear models with environmental data.

Hanan Sela hans at tauex.tau.ac.il
Sat Jul 14 15:57:44 CEST 2012

Hello list
I have done what Thibaut suggested using the "pcnm" function in "vegan"
(with no wights).  I have used the first two  pcnm PC's in canonical
correspondence analysis (CCA) between SNP matrix as dependent matrix and
the pcnm's PC's as perdictors. I have used the "cca" function in "vegan".
The results are in the attached PDF file.  The results show that the fist
two PC's fits exactly the first two cca PC's.  To remind you, the pcnm PC's
are derived from spatial data and the cca PC's are derived from genetic SNP
data.  My explanation to this is that I have a bias in the sampling that
may results artifacts. In my data there are 1-5 genotypes from the same
site (spatial distance=0)
average 1.9 genotypes per site.  I suspect that the structure of the
sampling which is not spatially uniform may contribute to the high
correlation of the PC's.  When I choose one genotype per site, the
correlation is lower but still very high. I would like to hear your opinion.
Hanan

hans at tauex.tau.ac.il
Phone: 972-3-6405773
Cell: 972-50-5727458