[adegenet-forum] pop argument

Tom Devitt tommydevitt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:58:40 CEST 2012

Thanks for your reply, Thibaut.

But how do I do this if I have a separate text file of population names corresponding to the individuals listed in the FASTA file? I can load the file of population names using read.table, but then I'm not sure how to use the pop argument from there.

When I tried:

> x <-("~/path/file.txt")
> pop(x)

I get:

Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "pop", for signature "character"

Sorry, just learning R . . .