[adegenet-forum] Include population info in genlight object

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 22:56:20 CEST 2011

Hello,

yes, the problem is that you left the first column reading 913,914, etc. meaning as many copies of second allele. There is no limitation as to the ploidy of the data in genlight objects, and this is a pretty good illustration.

You need to provide the constructor (new) with a matrix of nb of alleles ONLY as first argument; for instance:
###
x<- new("genlight", SNPmerge[,-(1:3)], indNames = SNPmerge$sampleName, pop = SNPmerge$PopID, ploidy=2)
###

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thibaut.