[adegenet-forum] creating genlight object from 48K SNP data file

Linda Rutledge lrutledge at trentu.ca
Tue Sep 13 23:16:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have been going through the adegenet-genomics tutorial but when I enter the commands:

> dat <- list(toto=c(1,1,0,0), titi=c(NA,1,1,0), tata=c(NA,0,3, NA))
> x <- new("genlight", dat)

I get the error message:

Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE,  :
  there is no package called 'multicore'

I can't find any information about multicore package nor nothing on the archive.

Eventually I want to do a PCA on 48K SNPs of 1100 individuals that is coded as individuals in rows and each SNP column labelled with chromosome location. Coding is integers -1, 0, 1, 2. (example of first 4 snps shown below).

chr1.100091560 chr1.100112448 chr1.100116609 chr1.100127203
1              0              2              0              2
2              2              1              1              1
3              0              2              0              2
4              0              1              1              2
5              0             -1              1              2

I run Mac OX 10.6.8 and R1.4.0

Hope someone out there can help. Thanks.

Linda