[adegenet-forum] Importing data

Cheng-Hua Huang arhua at ufl.edu
Mon May 16 20:23:47 CEST 2011

Dear adegenet users,

I am a beginner of Adegenet and have been playing around how to import my
Struture and Genepop files. However, I am stuck here because I cannot import
my files for DAPC. I appreciate if anyone could helps this out. Thank you in
advance. My questions are listed as follow:

1. After loading MASS, Ade4, I loaded the Adegenet package (either 1.3.0 or
1.2.8). R. 2.13.0 shows the following message. How do I need to do to fix
this problem?

   ==========================

    adegenet 1.3-0 is loaded

   ==========================

- to start, type '?adegenet'

- to browse adegenet website, type 'adegenetWeb()'

- to post questions/comments: adegenet-forum at lists.r-forge.r-project.org

Error in as.environment(pos) :

  no item called "newtable" on the search list

In addition: Warning message:

In objects(newtable, all.names = TRUE) :

  'newtable' converted to character string

Error in as.environment(pos) :

  no item called "newtable" on the search list

In addition: Warning message:

In objects(newtable, all.names = TRUE) :

  'newtable' converted to character string

2. I used "Change dir" to direct R to read files in a folder and then used
following commands to import files.

obj <- import2genind ("structure.str") or

obj <- read.structure ("structure.str", package="adegenet",
onerowperind=TRUE,n.ind=85, n.loci=10, col.lab=1, col.pop=3,ask=true)

But R shows "Error: could not find function "import2genind"" and Error:
could not find function "read.structure""

Thank you for your time and help.

Regards,

Arhua