[adegenet-forum] lost in the manual

mchiappero at efn.uncor.edu mchiappero at efn.uncor.edu
Tue Jan 12 17:46:27 CET 2010

Dear Thibaut:

Well, things are getting better, thank you for your advice.
Unfortunately I need more of it.
I was able to read the "nancycats.str" file using read.structure and
to reproduce some of the analysis in the manual and tutorial. However,
when I try to use my own input file, I get this error message:

> CM <- read.structure(file "CMinput.str"), n.ind=151, n.loc=9,
> onerowperind=TRUE, col.lab=1, col.pop=2, row.marknames=1, ask=FALSE,
> missing=NA)

Error en strsplit(char, "[.]") : argumento de tipo no-carácter
[translation:
Error in strsplit(char, "[.]") : non-character type argument
or something like that, my R is in Spanish]

Can you help me? I already checked the input file for errors and it
seems to be OK. It's the same input file I already used with
Structure, except that I removed the row indicating loci with null
alleles.
Speaking of null alleles, I have a question. How does Adegenet deal
with null alleles?

Thank you very much for your kindness

Marina

"Jombart, Thibaut" <t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk> ha escrito: