[adegenet-forum] lost in the manual

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 5 14:57:43 CET 2010

Dear Marina,

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with the adegenet manual - it was not meant to induce such a large amount of pain in the first place, although I seem to understand this is an occasional side-effect.

The package is already provided with some sample input files. These files usually have one of the following format: GENETIX (.gtx), Fstat (.dat) STRUCTURE, (.str) and genepop (.gen). These files are stored in the .../library/adegenet/files directory of your R installation. They are called upon by the function read.genetix, read.fstat, read.structure, etc. (see ?read.genetix).

Anyway, all the instructions of the manual are meant to be reproducible as long as you've got the package properly installed. If you have specific troubles with the manual, I'd be happy to help.

Best regards and happy new year.

Thibaut.

--
Dr Thibaut JOMBART