[adegenet-forum] propShared problems

Timothy Frasier timothy.frasier at SMU.CA
Thu Aug 12 16:15:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to use the propShared function, and realized that there is an issue with the calculation - the results are clearly not calculating the proportion of shared alleles properly.  I browsed through both the R and C code to try to find the issue, but nothing immediately jumped out at me.  I will keep looking, but thought that you could likely find and fix it faster than I could.

I've attached a small example data set that I am working with (35 individuals typed at 9 microsatellite loci).  Its size is good because it is easy to calculate the proportion of shared alleles manually and then compare that to the results obtained from the propShared function.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Tim Frasier