[adegenet-forum] New user and experiencing problems!

Andrew Close a.j.close at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Jul 14 22:08:47 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I am a new to adegenet and have only been using R for a short period. I hope that someone can help point out the obvious mistake I am making and point me in the right direction.

I have three data frames, each with 111 rows. The first dataframe contains all the frequency data, the second contains the co-ordinates and the location identifiers (three columns), and the third the population identifier for each row object. I have tried to work my way around. genpop and genind all afternoon, and I have reached the point of exasperation!!!! I have not managed to get anywhere. I want to be able to create/merge my data so that I can perform spca.

I am sure I am making some very basic errors here, but I would be immensely grateful if someone could help point me in the right direction.

Yours (very embarrassed)

Andrew

Andrew Close
Research Associate
Institute for Research on Environment and Sustainability (IRES)
School of Biology
4th Floor Devonshire Building
Newcastle University
NE1 7RU