[adegenet-forum] question colorplot

Jombart, Thibaut J X t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 18:08:59 CET 2009

Michael C Fontaine wrote:
> Dear Thibaut,
>
> I would like to use the function colorplot, but I would like to know exactly what the colorscale represent (how can I display the scale on the plot?).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Michaël
> --
> Michael C. Fontaine
>
> PostDoc
> UMR CNRS/Universite Paris Sud/AgroParisTech 8079
> Universite Paris-Sud, Batiment 360
> F-91405 Orsay cedex
> FRANCE
> Phone +33169155662
> Fax +33169154697
> E-Mail: michael.fontaine at u-psud.fr
> Personal webpage: http://users.skynet.be/fb683753/michaelcfontaine/Home.html

Dear Michael,

Basically, you can't since there is not one scale, but three (this is a RBG scale) which are combined to obtain colors: one for red, blue and green. So unless you are just using one of the three channels (in which case the colorplot is no longer required), you cannot have a colorscale associated to your graphic. What you can say from your colorplot is that observation having closer values for the chosen variables would have closer colors.

Best,

Thibaut.

--
Dr Thibaut JOMBART