[adegenet-forum] 'PCA on genind' figure output

Colin Garroway colin.garroway at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:50:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

I was recently introduced to this package and it looks very useful.  I have
a few questions regarding 'PCA on genind objects' as in the tutorial.

I have 2 populations with some a priori putative hybrid individuals.  I have
run a PCA on my genind data object and the resulting figure is interesting.
However, I would like to be able to identify these a priori putative hybrids
on the plot (colour/shape/label?)  but cannot figure out how to do this.   I
would also like to be able to turn off the lines from individuals to
centroids and perhaps colour code (or use shapes) to identify which
population the individuals are from.

Also, it looks as though there is some interesting substructure that was not
apparent in other analyses.   Can I extract individuals from clusters?

Thanks for your patience with my limited R abilities and for any help
provided.

Colin

--
Colin Garroway (PhD candidate)
Wildlife Research and Development Section